Tuesday 3 March 2020

When I realise everything’s equality, I forget about my close friends and my relatives. It’s okay to forget the objects of your attachment. When I realise wisdom beyond thought, I forget everything included in perceiver and perceived. It’s okay to forget these causes of happiness and pain. Beyond memory, beyond feelings, I forget all about experiences, the good ones and the bad. It’s okay to forget them, they just go up and down. When I know the three kayas are present naturally, I forget all about the deity’s generation stage practise. It’s okay to forget the Dharma made of concepts. When I realise the result is inside of me, I forget all about the results I have to strive and strain to get. It’s okay to forget the Dharma of relative truth. Meditating on the key instructions, I forget all other explanations and their conventional terms. It’s okay to forget the Dharma that makes you arrogant. When I realise appearances are my texts, I forget all about those big books with their letters in black. It’s okay to forget the Dharma that’s just a heavy load. 

-- Milarepa

No comments:

Post a Comment