Sunday 7 November 2021

Nobody can predict what will happen tomorrow, but we can say precisely what is going to happen to us in the near future because it all depends on what we do now. We cannot run away from the consequences of our own actions, and today is a good day to promise ourselves not to act wrongly and negatively unless we like suffering.

It is true that sometimes life can be frustrating and painful in many ways. We may hope for success, but we may end up with failures, and sometimes we do not expect something to happen, but it happens. In my own experience, I have gone through many ups and downs, and it seems my life is also not always that rosy. However, these misfortunes never really affect me deeply because what I have learned from the dharma has helped a great deal. And also, I do not hold on to feelings of good or bad, and I genuinely prefer to keep it in the past. Moreover, my logic is simple: I always treasure precious friendships, and when the time comes to give them up, I will let them go without grievances because holding on to these does not give us happiness and satisfaction. Instead, such an attitude becomes the source of our pain. Thus, in my opinion, life is beautiful and precious, yet complicated, and we have to learn when to let go and when to hold tight.

-- Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche



No comments:

Post a Comment