Saturday 20 November 2021

I always thank my karma to be able to find all these great spiritual masters with excellent qualities, not only that, I am so happy to be able to put their teaching into practice, at least I try. I really don't want to waste their time and my time. We always have to live as though we are going to die the next moment because it will make us realise how precious our time is and how important it is for us to make sure that we are not wasting it by doing nonsense, thinking nonsense and speaking nonsense. Then our lives would be wasted and when impermanence really comes, we are not ready. Sometimes, I always tell my friends and students that it's better to do something that will help you after you die. The moment we were born, we have been going step by step towards death. Life and death, again, is like two sides of a coin, it's part of samsara that we have to understand, accept and deal with.

-- His Holiness Gyalwang Drukpa, Jigme Pema Wangchen



No comments:

Post a Comment