Sunday 31 October 2021

If I have strayed from the true path, may I never do so again. If I have carelessly hurt someone today, by word or deed, may I be more mindful the next time.

O Buddha, the Enlightened One, help me to set my heart right. May my actions reflect your love and compassion.

I shall strive to cleanse my heart, from hate and envy, and live in harmony with all people. I shall be close to the Dharma, in good as well as in difficult times. I know that should the moment come for me to leave the world, I shall do so without fear or regret, because I leave the world a better person than when I came into it.

Whatever wrong someone may do to me, may I be compassionate and forgiving, and bear no hatred in my heart.

I shall bear in mind to be grateful for the acts of love and consideration shown to me, no matter how small they appear to be.

For those I love and those who love me, may this life be a blessing and a source of happiness to all beings.

-- Venerable Dr. K. Sri Dhammananda



No comments:

Post a Comment