Friday 7 April 2017

Another way of practising generosity is the giving of Dharma. For example, in the 8 verses of mind training, it says that, whatever position I have, I need to think from my side, that I'm the lowest person of all sentient beings. I'm lower than all of them. Thinking in this way doesn't mean I'm a total failure, and not be able to do anything. I must know my current (humble) state without having any exaggeration. I should not claim to possess Dharma knowledge but I must give credit to my teacher, for without my teacher, I wouldn't know anything in the first place. The danger is, I may think independently that all the knowledge I possess is not from my teacher but from myself.  To Dharma friends, we also should not display such pride. We must have the good will to help others, and to share with them Dharma knowledge without pride.

-- Dagyab Rinpoche

No comments:

Post a Comment