Friday 11 March 2022

Through the cultivation of one’s mental stability and calmness, one can achieve a balance of the body and mind, improve one’s character, lessen self-centredness, care for others, and purify society. As a result, the objective of my personal reading and writing was to clarify and to give guidance on the theoretical concepts and practise methods. Primarily, my works follow the guidelines of placing emphasis on upholding moral precepts, teaching Chan practice, and clarifying concepts. I am personally compelled to follow the path of placing equal weight on the three Buddhist disciplines of precepts, meditation and wisdom. Thus, I would not be limited to the scope of what ordinary people would call Precepts Master, Chan Master or Dharma Master. For myself, I would always assume the status of Dharma Master because it is best to take its meaning of “taking the Dharma as one’s master.”

-- Venerable Sheng Yen



No comments:

Post a Comment